November 2, 2010

Parsimonious: stingy.
( Parsa-Moh-Nee-Us )
I wanted to be parsimonious with her, but I couldn't help but buy her everything she wanted.

Paradigm: a model or an example.
( Para-Dime )
"I'm certain Mrs. Flower used the wicked witch from The Wizard of Oz as her paradigm for her costume," Shelly told me.

Contrite: admitting guilt; feeling remorseful.
( Con-Tryte )
I had nothing but contrite feelings after what I did.


Umit'sa: translation of a text.
( Oo-Meet-Sah )
Umit'sa su onäye we ye ijan.
The text translation was so confusing.

Titalum: impure.
( Tee-Tah-Loom )
Darakun mumin nö s'ban na su titalum ijat!
The rude man's mind is very impure!

Mihamu: flawed; full of flaws.
( Mee-Hah-Moo )
Nuvma tö mau züvue ba mihamu nemyat kundrude ba.
The golden necklace became flawed because it broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment